Airlie Comes Alive!
As the spring weather warms up and the gentle sea breezes lap the Whitsunday coast, Airlie Beach comes alive with the sounds of music. The Airlie Beach Festival of Music is back and bigger than ever with headline acts such as Tim Finn (Crowded House), Troy Cassar Daley and Daryl Braithwaite to name a few, this is a weekend of music not to be missed.
With 74 bands playing over three days in a host of venues across Airlie Beach, the main stage plays home to some well-loved Aussie acts every afternoon from 3pm. Whatever your musical tastes there is something for everyone – rock, pop, folk, country, funk, dance or a mixture of them all! Set in the beautiful tropical surroundings of Airlie Beach, the music festival is fast becoming an iconic event on the social calendar.
Joscelyn O’Keefe, Marketing manager at Abell Point Marina explains “November is such a beautiful time to visit the Whitsundays, the weather is warm but not yet humid, the school holiday crowds have disappeared from the islands and anchorages and the town goes back to the laid back, relaxed vibe of the low season before visitation ramps up again for Christmas. With this in mind the timing of the Airlie Beach Festival of Music is perfect to encourage those not constrained by school holidays to visit the region and get involved in a range of events on the Whitsunday social calendar. If you are not able to make the first week of the month for the music festival there is plenty to keep you in region for the remainder of November and into the festive season. We would encourage everyone who has a passion for music and boating to take advantage of this great berthing package we are offering during November and explore everything the region has to offer.”
Abell Point Marina village will play host some incredible bands during the weekend at marina village venues of Barcelona Tapas Bar and Sorrento Restaurant and Bar. We have put together a tempting package to encourage music lovers to berth at the marina and enjoy a week of Whitsunday weather and awesome musically entertainment.
Airlie Comes Alive Berthing Package
- 5% discount off casual berthing rates (applicable to a 4 – 7 night stay between 1 – 8 November)
o 10% discount off tickets for Celebrity Chef Dinner at Lure, Abell Point Marina (Saturday 22 November)
o $15 pasta vouchers for Sorrento Restaurant & Bar
o 10% discount voucher for Bohemian Raw Café
o 10% off seafood at Whitsunday Seafood Company
o Free picnic with every Whitehaven Beach flight booked with Helipad. Valued at $40 per person. Minimum 2pax booking.
- T&C’s apply – view website for details
Every boatie to book this package before 1 November (for berthing 1 – 8 November) will go into the draw to win two tickets to the Airlie beach Music Festival (valued at $513) – winner to be drawn 1st November. You must mention AIRLIE COMES ALIVE at the time of booking. Package available to the first 20 callers only.
If the music festival alone wasn’t enough reason to stay, play, explore the Whitsundays in November and you can’t make it to the Whitsundays for the beginning of the month, then have a look at the calendar of events the Whitsundays and Abell Point Marina have lined up for the rest of the month.
- 1 November –Melbourne Cuplunch (Sorrentos Restaurant & Bar – Abell Point Marina)
- 2 November – Twilight Sailing– open to all (Whitsunday Sailing Club)
- 3 – 6 November – Airlie Beach Music Festival. 74 bands over 4 days in the heart of Airlie Beach
- 4 November – Free Salsa Dancinglessons (Barcelona Tapas Bar – Abell Point Marina)
- 5 November –Thai Dinnerand traditional dancing display (Proserpine Entertainment Centre)
- 9 November – Twilight Sailing– open to all (Whitsunday Sailing Club)
- 11 November – Free Salsa Dancinglessons (Barcelona Tapas Bar – Abell Point Marina)
- 12 – 13 November – Fujifilm Hamilton Island Triathlon/ Fujifilm Whitehaven Beach Ocean Swim
- 16 November – Twilight Sailing– open to all (Whitsunday Sailing Club)
- 18 November –Acoustic Guitar Spectacular: (Proserpine Entertainment Centre)
- 19 November –Celebrity Chef Dinner (Lure – Abell Point Marina) Bookings essential
- 23 November – Twilight Sailing– open to all (Whitsunday Sailing Club)
- 25 November – Salsa Dancinglessons (Barcelona Tapas Bar – Abell Point Marina)
- 26 November – Abell Point Yacht Club Christmas Party (Lure – Abell Point Marina)
- 30 November – Twilight Sailing– open to all (Whitsunday Sailing Club)
If tropical warm winds, stunning sunsets, amazing beaches and a relaxed holiday vibe wasn’t enough to coax you to the Whitsundays, then the line-up of events in November surely is!
For more information on the Airlie Beach Music Festival
For bookings contact Abell Point Marina, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07 4946 2400